Friday, February 3, 2012

The Difference Between Exit Lights & Emergency Lights?

In the absence of emergency light battery's, an otherwise secure building becomes a danger zone for the people inside who won't be able to find their way out easily. That is why the government has imposed stringent regulations for the compliance of emergency exit lights to ensure that everybody will be safe and secure. This is a well-known fact among building owners and their property managers, although, they seldom make any attempt to test their exit lighting system after it has been installed.

The choices for exit and emergency lights are plenty, and some versions of exit signs are already fitted with lights which means that a single equipment can achieve both objectives. Although some areas like the passageways, offices and other quarters without an exit will still require emergency lights. One of the very vital places in the event of an emergency are the stairways, given that it will lead the way out for occupants on the upper level. A staircase is already dangerous in itself; much more if it is not properly illuminated during the dark hours, which is why it must be given due consideration. Building administrators are supposed to examine the emergency lights on the staircases at least bi-annually; still, those who are more concerned about safety would perform the test regularly every 3 months.

A lot of people are probably asking about the distinction between an emergency exit sign and an exit light. If you are to consider their shared function which is to provide easy exit in the event of an emergency, then, there really is no significant difference between these two, at all. This applies to fires, power shortages, natural calamities and any other event which is likely to cause blackouts and hinder visibility.

In purchasing exit lights, you should look into some of the essential aspects that include, form, esthetics,manufacturing standards and brilliance.  Most of all, you should make sure that the lights adhere to building codes that apply to your area, so you need to get acquainted with certain legalities  Perhaps, you prefer to have lights in a color and form that will complement the design of the building at the same time.  In other words, if your structure is painted in white then you should go for emergency lights in white housing if you want them to blend well with your walls and ceilings. The extent of brightness that the exit lights will be able to generate is another important factor for consideration. Generally, emergency lights with a minimal output capacity is only suitable for smaller spaces, which means that if you have a wide area to cover, you will have to install a few extra units of these lights. The fact that people have a tendency to panic in emergency situations, which makes it even harder for them to find their way out, it becomes more sensible to purchase emergency lights having higher outputs which are more capable in leading them towards the exit.

Finally, let’s keep in mind that emergency lights and exit lights must be around because of a significant purpose. There may come a time that you will be thankful for having them around. We don’t wish to use them very soon but at least they’re always ready to be of service anytime.

Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Checker

3 comments:

  1. Great information about Emergency Lights, Your information is really informative for us.......

    Emergency Lighting Requirements

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for taking more time and effort to share on your knowledge about this field i truly appreciate it.

    Exit Signs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately there are a lot of AIDS/Herpes denials on Herbal cures still out there. I did research on them after I was tested HIV/Herpes positive I was so worried am I going to die soon. I continue my search again on herbal remedy for Std, then I found lots of testimony on how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine Cured HIV/Aids, Herpes Virus,Copd, Hepatitis, Diabetes, On websites sharing their testimonies, which made much more sense to me. All the authors pronounce Dr Itua As a man with Good Heart, I pick interest in their testimonies and I contact him about my situation then he gave me procedure how it works, I proceed after one week he courier his Herbal Medicine to me and instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure. I receive His Herbal Medicine so I drank it for two weeks as I was told then after 2 days I go for a test I found out I was cured from HIV/Aids & Herpes Virus, I pay homage to him 2 months ago to his country to celebrate with him on his African festival which he told me it usually happens every year. I know there are lots of (HIV)/Aids&Herpes Virus denials of Herbal Remedy movement the same few doctors and they represent a very small faction of the community. I could have died because I refused Natural Herbs Cures for so long, but luckily, by the grace of God I am alive to tell my story. Contact Info...Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967,Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ info@drituaherbalcenter.com. My Instagram Username...avat5634 Just in case you need someone to talk with. He cure the following diseases below...1. Herpes 2. cancer 3. HIV / AIDS 4. hepatitis 5. Bring my ex back 6. Leprosy 7. SARS 8. Bubonic plague
    9. Cerebrovascular disease 10. Lower respiratory infections 11. Syphilis 12. Influenza A-H1N1 (swine flu) 13.Ischemic heart disease 14. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease 15. Shingles 16. psoriasis,Perinatal complications 17. diarrhea 18 Autism. 19.. lung cancer.

    ReplyDelete